We are here to `Service the Child’.
- Self Respect
- Self Confidence
- Self Empathy and Respect
- Community and Environment Responsibility
- Dream, Imagination and ideas building, Planning and implementation
- Need for the child's outdoor activity, open air and gross movement
- Contribute to the development, creativity, self-concept, and intellectual curiosity in children.
- Promote an awareness of the world in which the child lives. Encourage acceptance and/or respect for the rights of others and the environment.
- Children are exposed to different aspects of their world as is developmentally appropriate. Younger children's focus remains on their family and individual group older children explore the surrounding community and tour to other interests outside their realm of personal experience.
- Adults treat each child with respect, honoring feelings and ideas. Adults serve as models for socially just behavior by expressing empathy for, and encouraging empathy in each child.
- An appreciation is fostered for both the common and unique qualities amongst all people. unique qualities amongst all people. Diversity is recognized as a vital aspect of each child's and family's individual asset, serving as a source for strengthening community and one another. Materials, activities, visitors and trips reflect the diversity found in the immediate environment and also serve to expose children and adults to individuals or ways of life with which they are not familiar.
- Children’s awareness of their impact on their physical surroundings is facilitated. Caring for the environment (materials, classroom space, outdoors and beyond) is encouraged in order to promote an awareness of one’s own effect on others through individual actions.
- Children are encouraged to and facilitated in using their language to express their needs to one another. Children are encouraged to and facilitated in listening to one another.
ABC Children's Center at San Diego
12145 Alta Carmel Court,
San Diego, CA 92128
(858) 451-1663 Across from RB High School