“In times of stress, the best thing we can do for each other is to listen with our ears and hearts and to be assured that our questions are just as important as our answers” As the city of San Diego begins to soft open, and preschools, or childcare centers move toward opening up, more parents will be contemplating a common concern: Should I send my child to school? There is no easy answer, and what’s right for one family might be wrong for another. there are certain things all parents should be considering when making a decision. Ensuring the health and well being of our children, families and staff remains our highest priority. ABC is actively partnering with local health departments ans closely monitoring the latest updates from the Center for Disease Control and World Health Organization to follow their most up – to – date guidance.
ABC has developed a COVID-19 Plan of Action. The Plan of Action will be implemented in our center, until the CDC and CDSS instruct us that the spread of COVID – 19 is at a minimal and we have finished doing our part to control the spread.
ABC’s COVID – 19 Guidelines Are As Follows:
- Clothe Face Coverings – will be worn by staff, as recommended by the CDC. Drop Offs/ Pick UPs – will take place in ABC Office. A staff member will escort your child, and their belongings into the classroom.
- Hygiene/ Hand washing – Guided by your child’s teacher, ABC will be implementing proper hand washing techniques, multiple times a day.
- Reduced Class Sizes – following the CDSS guidance, your child’s classroom will be in consistent groupings with consistent staffing, as possible 0 – 18 months 1:4 ratio, 18 – 36 months 1:6 ratio, 36 – 5 years 1:10 ratio.
- Social Distancing – your child’s teacher will be implementing social distancing throughout the day, including meal time and nap time. This will become part of ABC’s curriculum.
- Frequent Cleaning and Disinfecting – ABC Staff will be working diligently at proper cleaning and sanitizing, frequently throughout the day.
- Outside Play – has been limited to one classroom at a time. The playground will receive routine cleaning and sanitizing procedure in between classroom outings.
August 27th & 28th ABC will be closed for our annual teacher prep day.
SEPT 7TH CLOSED IN OBSERVANCE OF LABOR DAY
We would like to say a special thank you to all of our families for giving us an opportunity to provide care for you and your child.
Together may we give our children the roots to grow and the wings to fly.
!! Hot Lunch Fridays !!
Every Friday your child can enjoy a hot lunch, made by ABC 6$ each or pay in advance for the whole month! Contact ABC office if you would like to sign up!!
BACK TO SCHOOL
ABC’s 2020-2021 School Year starts september 2nd We are excited to start another great year!!!
ABC would like to say a special goodbye to our Pre-K teacher Ms. Aida, Ms Aida will begin a new chapter of her life August 26th ABC Will be donating a GoodBye Basket of Goodies for Ms Aida as a way to say thank you for all the wonderful years teaching with ABC ABC Families are encouraged to join in and donate a special GoodBye, whether it be a loving note or a heartfelt gift
what parents say
Testimonials About ABC Children's Center
We were lucky enough to take a tour of ABC at a time when one spot opened up in their infant program, and snagged the spot.
I have two grandchildren that have been attending ABC for several years. The oldest is thriving in kindergarten now! Having started at ABC at 17 months old, I believe ABC had a great hand in preparing her.
My daughter has been going here since she was 15 year old. She is now almost 4 years. She transitioned through different classes. She liked going to school everyday and loved her teachers and activities.
Very professional and well trained staff. Facility is clean, well organized, always attend to my kids on whatever they need. would highly recommend this daycare facility.
Have known ABC for almost 20 years. I grew up around the area and now my kids go to ABC. The teachers are great! They really care about the children and their growth. They give customized suggestions to parents as they watch and see the child’s growth, which I am thankful for since I am a working mom.